Leaving here will put a small hole in my heart because I have loved living here for many years. It’s my home. One of our favorite activities is to sit under the covering on the back deck, drinking a glass of wine in the evening and watching the parade on the trails. Beef and I have spent many a night calming down and enjoying life together there. The new place has no deck but a cement slab for the table and chairs. And most importantly, nothing to watch. Sigh.
This afternoon Youngest and I have a couple of pre-scheduled To Do’s including bringing up my kayak from the lake. Normally I could do it myself (it only weighs 40# but is awkward) but the packing has injured my back. I would take it out for a time this afternoon is if wasn’t for the same pain. I love shooting my kayak around the perimeter of the lake, watching the birds and having envy for all the Party Boats hooked together. It least I wasn’t aware that my last time out was actually my last time out.
The man that is moving into the house is over from the UK but already loves R-Town as he has friends here also from the UK. He’s excited about the trails and free concerts on Saturdays. Until his family joins him, he can be entertained over at the Town Center where so many new restaurants have popped up with outdoor eating.
While typing this in the dining room, I have the shades open and it’s like being in a tree house.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment