Unlike the majority (including family members), I do not generally make New Year’s Resolutions. Instead, my years have a sort of theme to them. Last year was the Year of the Big Change what with moving, a short lived change in career, the move to independent consulting ith a home office, the death of Beef, lowered income and a brief depression that worsened following Beef’s demise. At the end of the year I was grossly overweight (kept in context, but over 20 pounds is significant for me), brunette, and with an uncomfortably cranky body. So enough is enough – 2010 is the Year of Great Growth.
I have slowly returned to working out having lost 5 pounds (on a nasty plateau now), started Pilates again (following a back injury), and now hike with Knuckles. I’ve started doing my nails again, found a stylist and am blond again (I didn’t realize how much this affected me). I have lots of weight to still lose. What was I thinking letting everything go post Menopause, because it’s true about the dead metabolism thing. I thought Addisons wouldn’t let me go there but I’m using the same amount of medicine with a lack of activity. Taking care of these personal things first make me feel like myself again, and will give me the mental energy once I have the physical energy once more.
At the moment, the business has only two clients although I am making my monthly nut (at Christmas I was not sure I would have ANY clients in January). I need way more than this to make the goal of moving to Austin, at least with purchasing a home. I have a couple of potential clients that I am going to contact again and I’m going to see if I can bully my Texas guy into hooking me up with the Austin organization sooner than later. There is no reason to panic yet, but I will need to get 3 more clients and place their funds directly into the highest yield savings. Even if it takes until July, I should be okay. Keep your fingers crossed, but BD has always been my forte’ so it is key getting into the Austin speaking circuit. I tend to think more strategically and less implementation so it’s helpful to get some specific ideas in place.
A very special little boy was born this year which automatically makes the world a better place. I am so excited to meet GC and be a positive part of his life. In order to be a good influence, I have to actually BE a good influence. I look forward to being a loving role model and playmate.
I am really missing ASL classes but finances dictate that only one class is possible and at this point, Knuckles’ obedience training is a priority. I am meeting nice people in class and we chat at the dog park. As the weather grows more pleasant, more people will begin to attend. When we left last night, he was barely walking and almost tripping over his tongue - he was that tired. Knuckles is a lot of work but worth it in the return of love and comfort. Pilates also allows for some human contact although I still miss my intellectual hommies.
Yesterday I allowed myself a selfish activity - I went to see Shutter Island at the $5 showing. I enjoyed it even with the rush back home to take care of my boy.
I reconnected with some of my friends recently and they are of the belief that I needed to decompress some as part of withdrawal from the rat race and to recover from burning the candle at both ends for so many years. I just went a bit too far. Now I am fighting my way back and getting ready to use force of energy to move even beyond and onto the next phase of my life. Ready, set, go!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is so exciting! I am happy for you. And I think you are beautiful regardless of your weight (which I did not notice at Christmas). How did you like Shutter Island. We saw it yesterday and we both loved it!
ReplyDelete