Monday, July 27, 2009

I have a Beau (that you’d like!)

I have been dating a really nice man for a few weeks that will most likely receive full family support. S lives in the neighborhood across the street from Youngest’s apartment complex – it takes about 2 minutes door to door. I’ll give you a snapshot of our latest weekend together:

Friday – Night trip to city with dinner at microbrewery, half of farm team baseball game with fireworks.
Saturday – Me sleep in, S plays golf, then we meet at my house where I cooked and we sat out on the back patio and drank sweet wine under the lanterns.
Sunday – Me sleep in, read, nap. S goes to church and works. Evening we go to Wing Joint and Cold Stone Creamery for treats.

We met on Match, naturally, and have both taken our profiles down and are only dating each other. Not great declarations just two people only focused on each other. We’re in like.

Things you will like immediately about S:
Tall
Handsome (REALLY Handsome)
Appropriate age range (50)
Well Mannered
No potty mouth
Same job for 25 years (sales)
Owns home (townhouse)
No kids
Doesn’t want any kids
Does want to be a grandpa
Physically fit (Basement is gym)
Loves Austin
Has seen me in no make and did not run away

Things that you will have to accept:
S is a Yankee’s fan
Drank bud light in front of me (but microbrew too)
Is initially shy and would NOT enjoy Oldest’s usual interrogation technique
Is not naturally adventurous (but does enjoy new things I introduce)
Was intimidated especially after Googling me but relaxed after discussion
Had never heard of Sour Patch Kids

It’s my feeling (and hope) that S will be around for a while so we can get to know him together. I think S is a keeper.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! How come you couldn't tell me this over the phone yesterday?!?!? "S" sounds great... I love the consistency and the church going. I can overlook the Yankees thing and I won't use my usual interrogation technique (I just really didn't like Kim). I can't wait to meet him - and see pics! FYI: I am not that adventurous either and you like me. :) Congrats on the new man... I hope he treats you like you deserve (and vice versa). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it’s more fun for me to have a permanent record of your response. Thanks for your support. But it wasn’t just Kim – I even cried when you met Mike (of course, you were right but still…). I know you will really like S even if it’s just because he treats me so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as long as he's not anti-Jellybean, he's alright in my book. :) Will I have to clean up my potty mouth around him? He sounds really nice, and like you guys are having a lot of fun together. Congrats on finding someone great enough to write about. :)

    ReplyDelete