Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yet Another Data Dump

In her usual subtle manner, Oldest reminded me that it’s been too long once again between updates and she’s right. I’ve been even busier than I had expected what with business development, servicing clients and dealing with the developing prototype. In fact, I even slept in the lab for a night this week and spent many hours there during the day. It’s been on the cusp of success many times but then the prototype gets reengineered once again adding time and money. I took the weekend off to focus on other things.

Beef had a fall off the curb that set him back quite a bit for a few days. He was really in pain and you can’t imagine how it feels to listen to him scream. It was so bad on the first night that I slept downstairs on the couch to stay with him. He’s moving much better but I still notice that he doesn’t like to put weight on his back left leg. It was very sad to see an arthritic dog try to walk on only 3 legs. But now we’re back to the full distance walk so this health issue is over.
I took a quick trip to Boston for business. I thought that travel was going to be a thing of the past but I guess that’s never really true.

Youngest and I got to kick off her Great American Tour with a tour of a cookie company. While it was fun and interesting, the kids from a church camp that we accompanied were probably even better. The woman heading our group asked the kids (going into 2nd grade) where they were from and of course they mentioned the church. She remarked (in the usual pleasant Southern drawl) “Then you must really like church”. One kid pipes up (No) and says it’s “not like this is real church, just a summer camp”. We enjoyed picking out a child at a time and then determining their future. Then we traveled to a furniture outlet store and got an inexpensive floor model kitchen table. Cheap but quality furniture is a real benefit to living here. (list price over $600 but purchased for under $200)

I didn’t have much time for major cooking until last night where I made steamed Pacific Salmon filets and grilled vegetables (zucchini, summer squash, and portabella mushrooms). Served with a sweet white from a local winery where I had spent an afternoon earlier in the month. Dessert wine served outside under the umbrella where the pole is covered with sparking lights and under the umbrella are many colored lanterns. Awesome!

Now on to another fun week in Hootersville.

No comments:

Post a Comment