This small Hootersville home is filling up with new family members. During the week days we now have two people, two dogs and two guinea pigs. I had pigs when I was younger and am not ready for another puppy (neither is Beef), not that the owner would even allow. Beef has always loved small animals but there is no way I’m getting a cat (MacTavish is my only true cat love). I like the way that pigs are social, play and communicate. After reading the species literature, it was clear that the first little sweetie needed a playmate as they prefer pairs.
Cookie and Cocoa are girlfriends and love to snuggle (Cocoa is a bit younger and just joined us yesterday). Beef loves to lick their faces but he has a special affinity for Cookie even though she is the less friendly. I hold them and he licks and sniffs. He likes to watch them play in their cage but they also have a floor playpen. Silly has been incredibly gentle but she has the chase instinct so I will set them out to play tonight where Beef will be able to watch them for the first time after she goes home. Both the dogs seem to be more interested than anything more risky, so the pigs are now living downstairs in the sun room. As youngsters they are teeny but will grow to be much larger and can live 4-8 years. Both are curly haired with lots of cowlicks. Cookie lies over Cocoa like a blanket and then they sing. They are so sweet.
Oldest is coming for a visit this weekend but I would like to formally offer an Open Door Policy to all. You too could enjoy Southern activities like watching a layer cake judging at the Dixie Classic Fair, which is on this weekend’s agenda. I hope Oldest loves the pigs but if not, they will remain caged.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
While I think the pigs are weird, I will admire Beef sniffing and licking them... from afar. :) But I'm not scared, just worried I'd step on them or something. I am very much so looking forward to this weekend!!!
ReplyDelete