Well, not technically paparazzi because I invited them, but it was a bizarre blizzard of camera flashes in any regard.
During Silly’s recent K-9 2K event, there were many animal related businesses set up for the crowd under brightly stripped tents. Some had free samples and Silly got a few extra treats just for stopping by. Had it not been for the possibility of a prize basket (form signed by all tents), we probably would have skipped. I’m glad that we did not because we happened upon a pet photographer and her work was awesome. I signed Beef up for a photo session for before we moved, hoping for an outdoor session because Beef would live outside if he could. He LOVES nature.
Heavy rain spoiled those plans so we set up for an inside job. Beef has been feeling so well lately, that he and I sometimes fight again and that was one of those days. It started with his eating grass during the morning walk, continued on through his afternoon grooming and was full blown during the photo session. For those of you who know him well, you’ll be able to tell by the pictures – his ears are down for the most part. He fell once and I tried to get him back up and he growled showing his teeth.
This next Tuesday, the photographer will stop over with Beef’s proofs. I was in a couple of the shots. Out of what must have been hundreds of photos, I’m hoping there is at least one where he looks happy. Beef notoriously hates to cooperate with cameras and being in a bad mood didn’t help matters. I can only try to resist buying multiple mouse pads, tea mugs, etc.
I love the framed photo of Beef that is in my office taken from my bike while he’s doing the belly dance and trying to get me off to play. The quality if poor – just a blown up digital photo – but the memory is wonderful. It’s a given that I will buy at least one large photo to frame. Every day I’m aware that it could be his last and it’s better to do now then wait for later.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want to see pics!
ReplyDeleteHer website won't be up for a few weeks so you'll just have to hold our horses. The reason she is coming here in person is so that I can order product to be sent to Hootersville. That's one day from today!
ReplyDelete