Saturday, April 4, 2009

Feeling Smug

There are many things where I am more idiot than savant and technology and geographical location are two of them. I used to tease the Tofflers that I was an old fashioned kind of girl that needed to be dragged into the Third Wave kicking and screaming. As an example, my associate still puts numbers into my phone. My assistant sets up travel folders that Mapquest me to AND from any meetings. On the other hand, my youngest can disappear into the bowels of the NYC subway system, pop out and know exactly where she’s located and which way to start moving.

Since I’ve learned to operate the DVR perhaps I could handle a GPS after some training. A pending trip to Hootersville sealed the deal – with some technical input from my son, I purchased a model with minimal anxiety. Here’s the stunner – I put it together and operated it successfully ON MY OWN! Did you knowit came with directions? J I zipped all over the countryside without a hitch. The best part is that if I see something to explore, it recalculates and I find my way back again. How did I ever live without it?! Maybe I should try some more technology. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Amazed and proud that you installed and operated the GPS on your own. Now that you've got a taste for technology, I'm interested in seeing where this takes you.

    ReplyDelete