Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Gourmet

After last week’s less than stellar results (that squash casserole is a no repeater), I am back in the kitchen to perfect the ultimate Mole sauce. I’m getting plenty of vegetables in my diet, working on the fruit, but protein is still a struggle. Just like Beef, a carb is more attractive to me than a piece of meat.

To that end, I’m going to treat myself this evening with a glass of “good” wine, chicken mole, brown rice and candle light while I watch “Babbette’s Feast”, a movie that elevates food to a magical experience. I’ve only seen the movie once but the impact was great. I imagine that this viewing will be even better since the movie was a thoughtful gift, I have personal experience with the desolation of Denmark, the wine will be excellent and I love the Joy of Cooking like no other time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment