The first part of the Major Decision is the 21 month countdown to move to Austin. The second part of the decision is making sure that Youngest and I are fully prepared to hit the ground running when we do. We are focusing on health – emotional, physical and financial.
Recently, I had a dental emergency that resulted in an extraction. I found a Dentist nearby and this is the first time that I felt no physical pain AT ALL (just financial). I have a great deal of work required and have thus far had two new crowns prepared (but not yet inserted), a cavity filled and then the pulled molar. Because there was so much going wrong on top, we are dealing with that now and then will put in a bridge to the fill the lower space later. I really, really like this Dentist- she makes sure I’m comfortable in all ways. I feel very grown up handling this situation that has produced so much fear in the past.
After the first appointment I reported the pain free experience to Youngest – and she herself brought up the possibility of going in for work too. She’s in so much pain but has been unwilling and without insurance, has not been in a financial position to go. The plan is go slowly over the next 21 months as money becomes available. My immediate needs are almost all taken care of (lots more work, but not urgent) so next new client extra retainer goes towards the start of Youngest’s mouth. Besides the obvious benefit, this will also help her in the social and professional arenas. Oral health has much to do with overall health.
As to mental health, I haven’t felt the need to contact Mike (former shrink) nor locate a local therapy option. The work we completed previously and the change in lifestyle has been most beneficial. If a problem comes up, I have COBRA and wouldn’t hesitate to seek the help needed. I have been searching for a local sliding scale counseling center to help Youngest with the transition. There are so many very big changes going on lately and we both want to stay put together during the implementation.
This stuff is not cheap. How are we going to handle the above plus living expenses, plus saving for a down payment, plus handle emergencies, etc., on a waffling income? There is a plan and that is to be the next blog chapter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Important note - I agreed to go to the dentist as long as I was medicated and did not have to know about all the procedures. Maybe not the most mature option but that's me!
ReplyDeleteYea for going to the dentist for both of you! That's the best news I have heard all day.
ReplyDelete