Love my boy Knuckles, but doing right by him leaves me sleep deprived and behind around the house. His training school offers a weekday playschool so both Silly and Knuckles attended this past Friday. I think one day is enough (both because we’re bonding but also finances). It only costs one dollar more than I paid for years for Beef’s brief mid -day walk/love session but this is an all day event. This particular “academy” is very sensitive about making sure everyone understands school is not a free-for-all like some day care. The dogs get to play but also train. Each dog gets one on one training for part of the day and the owners get to choose the theme. Some days they have pre-agility training. With a mix of excitement and trepidation, we dropped the kids off at 8 am.
I’ve been very busy with work this week but the big project was sent out on Thursday so Friday was a day off. With all that no dog time in front of us, Youngest and I planned a day where we could do things that scheduled potty walks and new puppies will not normally allow. We did some of the usual (groceries) and some of the rare (movie at the earliest show which cost $7.50 for both of us – no food) but also got in some treats. Youngest spent part of her Target GC on apartment needs, we stopped at Hobby Lobby and bought cheap cloth bags to decorate (required for dog school). Youngest turned in one Siduko book for another at B&N. We ate pizza for lunch and Youngest got a haircut. The final planned excursion got scrapped, unfortunately, because there are no Reebok Easytones available anywhere in the larger Metro area. Who knew? I desperately need daily walking shoes and am disappointed. My older shoes are about bust and it’s like walking on the ground. Now that client X is on for 2 more months, I knew I could afford a pair.
We didn’t want to waste the day (or risk falling asleep) so we kept going. I have Best Buy GCs from purchasing points but we couldn’t find any DVD to purchase that both of us would use. Instead, I went to the local Red Box and rented “The State of Play”. Luckily, Knuckles was whipped from his day so he slept while I fought to stay awake and watch it.
We picked up the kids where the owner (Mary) commented on how pretty Silly is. No matter where we take them, Silly is called Pretty and Knuckles’ feet get comments. Both are true. They had a fun time and we learned that we can stop in during the day in the future to watch. We signed up again for next week (we’re playing this by ear) but I’m planning on a limited chores and a long nap that day. After so much inactivity, Friday wore me out as much as the dogs. Next week should be refreshing.
The daycare sounds great! I love how much they work with them during the day. We went to one daycare with Parker that was the same way, but it's also the place he got bit and they didn't take care of it - so we stopped going. Wish they hadn't been bad business people with poor customer service because I think the training aspect is awesome! Enjoy the next day of freedom - Lord knows I do!
ReplyDelete