Everyone is healthy and happy with GC being handsome too! The new family member is a little boy weighing in at 8.8#. His parents are exhausted but they’ll become familiar enough with that feeling as time goes by. His Mom was a delivery rock star and Daddy was right in there catching his son and doing all the early duties. The family includes multiple pets all of whom either offer love and support or disinterest. No jealousy and lots of physical affection.
One of the rewards I felt in being a parent was watching the world through the eyes of my children. Being a Grandma adds another layer as you also get to see your own child discover the joys as they raise their own baby. When Son wrote that he opened the window to show his new son the world, I was flooded with such a strong emotion. This grandparent thing is amazing.
More to come as things progress. GC is only hours old but everyone is excited to offer unconditional love. I already fiercely love this baby in ways I didn’t imagine. Happiness and Joy!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the sentiments. It's been quite a ride so far and we're only a few hours into it. I'm eating my first meal in 20 hours (had three pieces of bacon, but that doesn't count!). Mom is bonding with Everett in the other room. He spent the last 2.5 hours sleeping on my chest. I'm having trouble sleeping because I think that as soon as I do, he'll be in trouble and need me. I spent the whole time just rubbing his back and letting him know I was there for him. He's so awesome. Now I'm crying thinking about how great he is. Hard to keep it together. How crazy is this?
ReplyDeleteI love both of you (Mom and Kevin). Kevin - I am so happy for you. You are making me have the baby itch even more! Keep the photos of the little guy coming. I just cannot get enough.
ReplyDelete