
(Photo of GC with his Dad's hands. He is on the quilt handmade with love by his Aunt Youngest. Notice how the monkey on the quilt is next to GC's little pant monkey).
What a lucky G-ma I am! Just back from a visit to the Son and DIL’s home where I met and fell in love with JellyBean. It is truly surreal to hold your son’s son and just as compelling to watch your son learn to parent.
Not being one for idle compliments, believe me when I say the kid is perfect and I wouldn’t change a thing. He’s alert, handsome, strong, has dimples that will drive the ladies wild, is healthy, has shell ears and is a big fan of Journey (well, maybe I’d change that!). While he rarely is fussy, playing Journey will either calm him down immediately or magically put him to sleep just as quickly. What is it about that Band? Despite our opposite tastes in music, his reaction to their songs is consistent enough to prove his Band allegiance. He officially rocks.
Grand baby matured in just the few days that I was visiting. He was staying alert for longer periods of time. He started cooing and finding his hand to suck. Time just whips by and his parents are appreciating every moment.
The point of the visit was to love on the baby but to also make life easier for the parents and not interrupt the bonding experience. This allowed me to hold and entertain GC for hours on end and allowed his mom to shower, rest and hopefully relax. We had dinner in every evening while I supplied the take out. It was just what everyone needed – low key with lots of love.
My work capacity is tentative (it’s all about the revenue baby) but if things work out to the positive, I’d like to make brief trips on a quarterly basis – I really want to stay a part of GC’s life as we both grow up. And with the same optimist bent, I hope to be living in the same city so we can continue to be buddies for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment