Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Daily Photo - Other Family Members


For the next 30 days, I commit to a Daily Photo. I really enjoy the Austin version although the photos posted here are less cultural in nature and more about my daily life.

I took the above photo this morning as Knuckles and I cleaned the pig’s cage. They are in their temporary playpen while I scrub their cage clean. Knuckles loves to “help out” and the girls don’t mind him one bit. The reddish brown pig was the addition to keep her “sister” company and is named Cocoa. The white and brown pig is Cookie. Unfortunately, she is ill and doesn’t appear to be responding to treatment. She has bloody sores that that she continues to scratch. I gave her medicine for the mini lice that pigs are prone to but to no avail. Her voice is better and she acts her old self again but she looks like crap. Whatever illness that plagues her, Cocoa in not affected.

The Girls sing and I love to hear their song. They whistle to call over Silly but actively disliked Beef. He loved them anyway and was truly fascinated by their antics. They are neutral with Knuckles yet he sits at my feet every morning while I fed them – they are part of his pack. They don’t shy away when he checks them out but have never called him over. They do, however, have an internal clock and know that 6 pm is Lettuce Time and do not let me forget.

2 comments:

  1. While I could do without rodents jumping out at me when I open your blog I do look forward to your daily picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for daily pictures! I can't wait. And I hope the pig gets better, soon.

    ReplyDelete