Besides being Dental Day (Youngest), Thursday is the usual grocery buying trip. Shopping in WalMart is a mixed bag – I don’t identify with the usual shoppers and it’s depressing, although I have noticed that the usual people here are nicer, wait patiently and are considerate of others than some more well-to-do stores. Also, the selection may be less but the everyday prices beat sales with coupons at Harris Teeter. I know that Walmart has a great RFID inventory program that helps contribute to the lower prices but they also drive some small American businesses out of the market with their price demands. We just try to get in and out of there as quickly as possible. Then I scrub my hands at home.Today’s total for the week = $47.16. I made a few off list (no willpower) purchases – an orange, asparagus (on sale), a can of soup and shredded cheddar cheese. I do well with calcium, vegetables and protein (although that’s a struggle and mostly through bean combos) but I force down fruits. I like the summer fruits, like all berries, but until then it’s an occasional apple, banana and orange.
Nice work!
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine spending only $47/person per week. Congrats on the frugality.
ReplyDelete