This morning, we went to the dog park early to train. No other dogs were present and for a while, Knuckles was barking and ran around in the trees, looking under picnic tables, etc trying to locate his buddies. I was hoping that we’d be alone because I am training him to come to a whistle. Because Austin has dog parks without fences, I want to prepare him in advance to come to the whistle. He does well in the home with it and we just started this week trying it in the wooded area across the street. He did a great job with pool time as his reward. I would throw the tennis ball in the kiddy pool and he’d dunk for it. Knuckles likes to run in tiny circles in the small pool and make splashes all over. I can’t wait to purchase a larger one for home. He's a water dog for sure!Saturday, April 3, 2010
Daily Photo #14 - Pool Time
This morning, we went to the dog park early to train. No other dogs were present and for a while, Knuckles was barking and ran around in the trees, looking under picnic tables, etc trying to locate his buddies. I was hoping that we’d be alone because I am training him to come to a whistle. Because Austin has dog parks without fences, I want to prepare him in advance to come to the whistle. He does well in the home with it and we just started this week trying it in the wooded area across the street. He did a great job with pool time as his reward. I would throw the tennis ball in the kiddy pool and he’d dunk for it. Knuckles likes to run in tiny circles in the small pool and make splashes all over. I can’t wait to purchase a larger one for home. He's a water dog for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is the cutest thing! I love it!
ReplyDelete