Thursday, April 8, 2010

Daily Photo #19 - Local Lake

Hootersvile and the surrounding areas are full of parks and we take advantage of them regularly. There are some parks that would require longer travel but remain on the To Do List because they are so tempting. Lake Macintosh Park is where we avail ourselves of the hiking trails (I or 3 miles) with picnic sites and the trail that also accommodates mountain bikes. The lake is small but beautiful and rents boats to the public. Last summer my back was too injured for me to kayak but not this year (knock on wood). I’m looking forward to slathering myself with sunscreen, wearing a wide hat and exploring the twists and turns of the lake. It takes about 5 minutes from door to door.

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool! And sounds like a lot of fun. Is Knuckles allowed to swim in that lake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! Unfortunately, no dogs are allowed. I don't know of any local watering hole where dogs are allowed. With his love of water, Knuckles would be a natural swimmer.

    ReplyDelete