Saturday, April 17, 2010

Daily Photo #28 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink

Today I cancelled Pilates so that Youngest and I could hit a few Garage and Estate Sales. We’re still developing our skills to secure the best goods (for the most part, ignore any garage sales that are not part of a group and stick to Estates). My neighborhood is going to have a group sale next month so part of the mission today was to gain insight on pricing. But you can’t, really. It’s all over the map and not correlated to the actual value of the object. We missed out on a baker’s stand that went for $20. I missed a chair that I wanted to design for the GC’s room in the new house. I did, however, hit the Jackpot with the purchase of the theater chairs (circa 1955 – 57) in the above photo that had been used by a church. Several years ago I saw a similar set on one of the designing channels and wanted those funky seats for myself. Today I was able to do so. These definitely belong in quirky Austin and not Nowheresville. I’m really excited about them!

1 comment:

  1. Those seats are cool! I cannot believe you passed up the kitchen sink. Geez.

    ReplyDelete